Informix "Wingz" Selection Service PRoblem

Bill Leue leue at galen.crd.ge.com
Sat Mar 23 06:20:20 AEST 1991

In a previous posting, I complained about Informix Wingz not working
in the Sunview Compatibillity mode Under Open Windows 2.0.

Mark Day was kind enough to send email letting me know what the problem
is.  It turns out that Wingz is trying to use the Sunview Selection
service, but that isn't started automatically under Open Windows.  The
solution is to start the Sunview selection service myself manually.  It is
important to remember to kill the Sunview selection service after you have
terminated the Wingz program to avoid problems with multiple copies
running.

[Special message to Dick Dowe.  I got your mail, but was unable to reply
-- my message bounced from your mailer.  Please send me email giving your
phone number! ]

-Bill Leue
leue at crd.ge.com