Sun-oriented CD-ROMs

Guy Harris auspex!guy at uunet.uu.net
Sun Mar 24 22:32:00 AEST 1991

>"Catalyst CDWare" -- is a free CD containing demo-versions of 3rd party
>Open Look applications.  Demo versions ==> file save disabled.

In some cases.  In other cases, you don't get a demo version, you get a
"rolling demo", i.e. a bunch of screen images that the Open Windows
version of the CDWare browser tool will show you.  In some cases, such as
the Lotus 1-2-3 rolling demo, you need a color monitor for the rolling
demo.

The CDWare browser - or, at least, the version I got on my CDWare CD -
specifically requires OW; either it won't run under MIT X11R4 at all, or
it requires some sneaky way of fooling it into running.