Problems activating NameServer on 4.1.1

Oren Shani shani at taurus.BITNET
Sat Mar 23 06:20:20 AEST 1991

We followed Ivan Auger's (ivan at ph.albany.edu) instructions as to
installing NS, which where posted to SunSpots, and we seem to have
problems:

Ivan writes:

>Also you must change in rc.local the ypserv call to ypserv -i...

Well, it works fine to run ypserv -i AFTER boot (and after killing the
already running one, of course), the thing is, that in rc.local ypserv is
activated with the undocumented option -a, and won't run properly if this
option is omitted, so what I want to know is: should I change the call to
'ypserv -a -i ...' or just 'ypserv -i', or what? and what is this -a
option, anyway?

Thanks in advance
O.S.