loadable pseudo-device driver

Hans van Staveren sater at cs.vu.nl
Wed Mar 20 04:33:00 AEST 1991

We are trying to make a loadable pseudo-device driver. The problem seems
to be that the "struct vdldrv" contains a pointer to an mb_device struct
which is nonsense for a pseudo-device. We made it NULL, but the driver
crashes in a walk_slave routine that suggests that that doesn't work.  The
comments in the example of the loadable device driver from Sun also do not
talk about setting this to NULL.

Has anyone succesfully created a loadable device driver for a pseudo
device?  We are running 4.1.1 if it is important. Sample drivers are
appreciated.

	Hans van Staveren