RCS check in of foreign source (more questions)

Andy Pryor aap at praxis.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 23:31:49 AEST 1990

leif at control.lth.se (Leif Andersson) writes:

>Assuming we have used RCS to do the local changes, how can we recreate
>_exactly_ the files we started with, so that patch will be happy and
>so that we then can use the various tools of the RCS/CVS package to
>merge our local changes with the new version?

It sounds to me as though you need to use the "-j" option of the "co" command.

If you keep your changes to the distributed software on a RCS branch, you can
use the -j option to merge your changes into a new release.
--
Andy Pryor
Computer General Electronic Design Ltd,            Email: aap at cged.uucp
The New Church, Henry St, Bath, BA1 1JR, UK        Phone: +44 225 482744