RCS check in of foreign source (more questions)

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Fri Dec 14 06:00:29 AEST 1990

leif at control.lth.se (Leif Andersson) writes:

>Assuming we have used RCS to do the local changes, how can we recreate
>_exactly_ the files we started with....

In RCS version 5 (to be released soon), if the original file was checked out
via default keyword expansion at the sender's site, and checked in via `ci -k'
at the receiver's site, then `co' will retrieve the same file.  However, the
real world is not always this ideal; for example, the sender may be using an
older version of RCS.  So in RCS version 5, `co' has a new `-ko' option that
retrieves exactly the file you checked in.