Network-wide Mail Spool?

Jon J. Brewster jjb at cs.wayne.edu
Thu Nov 1 03:07:54 AEST 1990

We do have a network-wide mail spool here, nfs-mounted on a number
of Sun and DEC (Ultrix) hosts.  I have seen no problems that could
be traced to this arrangement.  I modified the sendmail.cf file
on all machines except one, the mailhost, to forward mail to the
mailhost instead of doing local mail delivery.  I suspect this is
essential to making things work properly.  (I didn't use Sun's  OR
macro because it produced some unwanted effects in conjunction with
mail originating within rn(1).)

This scheme works both will a mail spool which physically resides
on the mailhost and with one which is nfs-mounted from another
server.

--
-jjb