NFS Mount Point Strategy?

Walter Rowe rowe at cme.nist.gov
Fri Nov 16 09:09:51 AEST 1990

You may want to read a paper that some colleagues and myself wrote
recently.  Its called "The Depot: A Framework for Sharing Software
Installation Across Organizational and Unix Platform Bounderies".
It details a mechanism we came up with here in our center for sharing
large application distributions such as X windows, GNU software, and
Frame Maker.

You can get the paper from durer.cme.nist.gov (129.6.32.4) in a file
called ~ftp/pub/depot.lisa.ps.Z.  This paper was presented at the LISA
conference in Colorado Springs last month.  I welcome all to read it.
We use the automounter here extensively for this type of thing, and
the depot paper outlines some naming conventions we decided on here.

wpr
---
Walter Rowe           rowe at cme.nist.gov         ...!uunet!cme-durer!rowe