Network Tools

Sakari Jalovaara sja at sirius.hut.fi
Thu Nov 22 03:47:11 AEST 1990

> [network analysis tools]

Check out RFC 1147:

           FYI on a Network Management Tool Catalog:
      Tools for Monitoring and Debugging TCP/IP Internets
                   and Interconnected Devices

It is a farily long list of both no-cost and commercial network
management tools.

Check also nnstat (ftp venera.isi.edu.)  It is a fairly versatile
statistics collection program.  It uses "scripts" that tell it what
you want to know.  Neat and slightly complex; you need to read the
manual.  Nnstat runs only on Sun 3's, Sun 4's and IBM RT's.

> A co-worker is adding a Sun NIT workalike into our version of SVR4.

> .. Sony Microsystems              UUCP: {uunet,mips}!sonyusa!tin

Sony has SVR4 running, then.  Nice to know :-)
									++sja