vi "TMP file too large" error

Mark Towfiq towfiq at FTP.COM
Fri Feb 22 03:14:48 AEST 1991

In article <jsrobins.667129377 at galaxy.afit.af.mil> news at afit.af.mil writes:

   I'm having problems editing large files over 300k with vi on our ATT 3B2.
   We're running System V3.3 Unix.  When I try to edit a large file, vi reads
   in only a portion of the file and gives the "TMP file too large" error.
   I have plenty of disk space under /usr/tmp where the temp files are written
   and 48MB of RAM.

I hate to say it, but perhaps it's time to switch to Emacs....
--
Mark Towfiq, FTP Software, Inc.                                  towfiq at FTP.COM
Work No.: +1 617 246 0900			      Home No.: +1 617 488 2818

  "The Earth is but One Country, and Mankind its Citizens" -- Baha'u'llah