VIP mode, was: vi "TMP file too large" error

Dave Sill de5 at ornl.gov
Sat Feb 23 01:49:16 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb22.011031.8267 at mthvax.cs.miami.edu>, wb8foz at mthvax.cs.miami.edu (David Lesher) writes:

>Is it possible, in VIP mode, or elseways, to have a SAFE key in emacs?
>By this I mean a key that REGARDLESS of what you are doing, or what
>weird mode you have stumbled into, hitting it 1->n times gets you to a
>fixed mode. Note that 'undo' does NOT do this.

Sure, you could bind the equivalent of "control-G escape" to some key.
Hitting it once or twice would always put you back in VIP command
mode.  Hitting control-G alone will put you back in VIP in whatever
VI-mode you were in, e.g., comman or insert.

--
Dave Sill (de5 at ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force