vi "TMP file too large" error

John Palmer jpp at tygra.UUCP
Wed Feb 27 12:26:43 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb26.152650.12458 at bilver.uucp> bill at bilver.uucp (Bill Vermillion) writes:
"
"Well there must be different versions of SCO's vi, because I have one that
"I have had files larger than 2 megs that I have edited.  The Unix V.2.3
"from Esix  on another system I have dies at about 400k max.  As a matter of
"fact I copied the vi from SCO onto the Unix box  (I own them both).
"Just grabbed the history file and loaded in 50272 lines at 3,177,657 byte
"in size.
"
"This is SCO Xenix 2.3.0 with development system.
"

I have SCO Xenix 2.3.2 with dev. sys. I tried the history file thing
and got "Temp file too large" at 10,305 lines, 518,144 characters. I
would think that the "buggy" vi would have been in the older version
with the correction in the newer (2.3.2) version, but hey - SCO is
always full of suprizes...