IRC and Security

Glen Overby overby at plains.NoDak.edu
Thu Mar 14 13:18:10 AEST 1991

In article <7753 at uceng.UC.EDU> pmartin at uceng.UC.EDU (Paul Martin) writes:
>Sorry but IRC appears to be SOLELY used for entertainment.  This is a
>poor example of how to spend the students and taxpayers money.

Doesn't a good majority of Usenet News fall into the same category?

Not only is it a questionable expense of money, but time (well, time is
money ;-)  But it's something that we all enjoy, or we wouldn't be doing it.
--
		Glen Overby	<overby at plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby at plains (Bitnet)