Project Athena ( was Re: Non Destructive Version of rm)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Wed May 15 03:16:09 AEST 1991

In article <12262 at mentor.cc.purdue.edu> asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) writes:
> I DO NOT WANT A COMPUTE SERVER. I want to be running interactive. I do
> NOT want to make up jcl's.

Why would you need to make up "jcl" to use a compute server? Try this:

	$ rlogin compute-server
	Password:
	$ export DISPLAY=myworkstation:whatever
	$ big-job
	$ exit

In addition, I'd like to ask you what lead you to believe that delete would
delete a directory that contained undeleted files.
--
Peter da Silva; Ferranti International Controls Corporation; +1 713 274 5180;
Sugar Land, TX  77487-5012;         `-_-' "Have you hugged your wolf, today?"