restore crashes remote machine

Gary Mills mills at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Tue May 14 01:17:30 AEST 1991

In <13091 at dog.ee.lbl.gov> torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov (Chris Torek) writes:

>In article <1991May10.141543 at sweetpea.jsc.nasa.gov>
>zook at sweetpea.jsc.nasa.gov (Craig A. Zook  283-4206) writes:

>>May 10 13:41:21 tm vmunix: panic: psig action

>This is an internally-detected error in `psig'.

>Thus, psig() will panic if either:

>	u.u_signal[p->p_cursig] == SIG_IGN

>or

>	(p->p_sigmask & (1 << p->p_cursig)) != 0

>because both of these mean `the signal is not supposed to do anything'
>---for SIG_IGN, `not ever' and for p_sigmask, `not yet'.

>There must therefore be a bug in either psignal or issig, or both.
>Presumably you are paying Sun for support.  Well, here they go....

I just obtained Sun's patch for this (patch 100288-02).  It consists
of a new copy of kern_sig.o.  When I run strings on the old and new
copies, the only addition is:

psig: "%s" signal %d was masked, put back.

It looks a bit odd to me.  I assume it fixes the bug.
--
-Gary Mills-         -Networking Group-          -U of M Computer Services-