Project Athena ( was Re: Non Destructive Version of rm)

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Mon May 13 09:05:25 AEST 1991

In article <12184 at mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) writes:
|> Very - If I have foobar.cc.purdue.edu connected via a direct line of
|> some sort. As long as I tell my system to trus foobar ONLY when it is
|> soming from a dedicated, hard-wired port, then all is well, and any requests
|> you make will be rejected.

  How exactly do you connect a machine to a TCP/IP network on a "direct line?"
And how exactly do the other machines on that network tell that they're
talking to the machine on the "direct line" and not to some other machine on
the same subnet?

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace