Project Athena ( was Re: Non Destructive Version of rm)

Chris G. Demetriou cgd at ocf.Berkeley.EDU
Fri May 10 10:48:28 AEST 1991

>I don't think so then. If I do a listing of // , and say the directory
>for the system a333 is not listed, then I do a cd //a333, there is
>no waiting period. I have never experienced a waiting period.

this sounds an *AWFUL* lot like the Apollo system for doing remote filesystem
access...

are you using apollos?  if so, you should have forgotten about the concept
of security a long time ago...  after all, they're "personal workstations"

<sigh>

cgd