NFS available on AIX/PS/2 ??

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Fri Dec 1 16:39:39 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov30.185316.7936 at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> magostin at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Sidewinder) writes:
>Does anyone know if there is a configuration of PS/2 running
>AIX that can support NFS.  I have heard rumours that someone
>has managed to do this but have heard no more?
>If NFS is unavailable you could fall back on TCF for some NFS-like
>filesharing.  What if you don't have a 370-class machine
>to run TCF on?  Are you stuck?  Is there any way
>to share files if this is true?

The "next" release of AIX PS/2 should support both TCF and NFS,
if I'm not mistaken.

As for the "someone" in the rumor, my partner and I retrofitted NFS into
AIX PS/2 1.1 on contract to IBM in Cambridge MA.  I am not sure of its
general availability.  I'll look into it.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu