TTY line problem

guarna at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu guarna at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 28 21:38:29 AEST 1989

I just added the IBM Dual Async board to my Model 80 running AIX.  I have a
terminal on one of these lines (tty2) using a three wire interface.  Everything
seems to work fine until I turn the terminal off.  When I turn it on later
to try and use the terminal again, the line won't communicate. I think this is
a baud rate problem...I get question marks on the screen for each keypress.
My terminal generates those when it gets framing/parity/etc. errors.

If I pdisable and penable the tty line, all is well and I get the
logon banner again.  Has anyone else seen and solved this problem?

	Vince Guarna
	University of Illinois
	(217) 244-0071
	guarna at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu