TTY line problem

Peter A. Blemel peter at hydrovax.nmt.edu
Fri Dec 29 03:25:14 AEST 1989

In article <48200002 at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu>, guarna at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes...
>... Everything
>seems to work fine until I turn the terminal off.  When I turn it on later
>to try and use the terminal again, the line won't communicate.

The 135 using a dual rs232 (9pin) adapter configured as sp1,sp2 (primary,
secondary) has a similar problem (I don't think it's baud rate). The getty
will completely forget about the terminal if the terminal is power cycled.
Killing the getty works as init forks a new one, and I get the login prompt
(which is effectively what you do by disable/re-enableing the terminal.)`N[

I intend to putz with the devices configuration some today. I'll post the
results.

Peter
-----
peter at hydrovax.nmt.edu