twm and RT AIX

Art Werschulz agw at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 6 01:46:16 AEST 1989

Hi.

Has anybody succeeded in making a working version of the X Window
program "twm" (Tom's Window Manager) under RT AIX?
I had only one trouble with the make, namely that in the final linking
stage, there was a complaint about vfork not being defined.  I got
around this by #def-ing vfork to be fork in menus.c (as is done for
the Mac II).

When I fire up X windows with twm (instead of aixwm), the screen looks
OK, but there is no response whatsoever to either mouse events or
keyboard input.  The screen is completely frozen.  I have to kill the
X server to regain control of the machine.

Any thoughts?

--
      Art Werschulz
      InterNet:  agw at cs.columbia.edu
      ATTnet:    Columbia University (212) 854-8642 854-2736
                 Fordham University  (212) 841-5323 841-5396