X Windows - PS/2 Question

Rob Miracle rwmira01 at ULKYVX.BITNET
Fri Dec 1 03:04:00 AEST 1989

I am working on a Model 70 running AIX.  First, TCP is installed and the
hardware is not present.

When I enter the command:

xinit

I get the following messages:

Creating TCP socket (in FindATCPSocket)
: Invalid argument
No Listeners, Nothing to do: Invalid Argument

and the screen clears and goes into an X-Window mode.  AIXWM and AIXTERM do not
start and I am left with a moving mouse.  I can CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to kill it,
but it takes me out of graphics mode and places me in a mode where I can type
stuff, but nothing works (CTRL-ALT-DELETE wont even reboot) except for
ALT-ACTION which takes me back to the command prompt and I kill -9 the process.

Now if I say:

xinit -8514    (Note this overrides the -all switch)

the TCP/IP messages goes away but I still do not get my aixwm and aixterm
screens, just the background and a mouse that moves.  Hitting
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE had the desired function of killing the process and
returning to the AIX shell.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Rob
--
Rob Miracle              | Bitnet   : RWMIRA01 at ULKYVX    CIS: 74216,3134
Programmer/Analyst-II    | INTERNET : rwmira01%ulkyvx.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu
University of Louisville | UUCP     : ...psuvax1!ulkyvx.bitnet!rwmira01

"It's a large building with patients, but that's not important right now."
       -- Leslie Nelson from Airplane, The Movie