AIX on 3090

Mike Lijewski lijewski at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Wed Dec 20 07:30:43 AEST 1989

In article <3819 at brazos.Rice.edu> dboyes at brazos.rice.edu (David Boyes) writes:

>As I understand it, AIX runs under VM/XA. This gives you 990M
>virtual machines, as well as the ability to support multiple AIX
>systems on the same iron at the same time, each with the full
>resources of the machine.

AIX/370 does run under VM/XA, but as I understand it the theoretical
upper limit to process size is currently 764M or thereabouts.  This
is still theoretical, since it is my understanding that AIX as a VM
does not autolog above 512M or thereabouts.  Would one of you developers
care to comment on this and/or set me straight as the case may be?

--
Mike Lijewski  (H)607/277-7623 (W)607/255-0539 (desk)607/255-2960
Cornell National Supercomputer Facility
ARPA: mjlx at cornellf.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET: mjlx at cornellf.bitnet
SMAIL:  1122 Ellis Hollow Rd. Ithaca, NY  14850