AIX PS/2 boot from hard disk

Oleg Kiselev oleg at gryphon.COM
Thu Nov 9 23:25:37 AEST 1989

>>[AIX not booting off hard disk]
>>>This seems in my experience to be associated with the use
>>>of a machine which has had OS/2 on it.  Not clear.
>>Perhaps OS/2 modified NVRAM or left its bootstrap around where PS/2 picks it
>>up instead of AIX bootstrap.

An even better idea -- was OS/2 partition over 32 Meg in size?  Those
partitions have a code different from <32 Meg in the MBR and the bootstrap
you have may not be able to understand it.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg at seas.ucla.edu, oleg at gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg