AIX PS/2 boot from hard disk

Michael R. Primm ander at pawl.rpi.edu
Sat Nov 11 03:24:32 AEST 1989

OS/2's boot record format is pretty much identical to DOS's (at least on
a FAT partition....I haven't seen the layout on a HPFS partition).  Since there
are a number of dual-boot systems available (which allow you to select at
boot time whether to boot OS-2 or DOS or whatever), its no more sensitive
than any other system to having its boot sector modified (disk parameters need
to be in the same place, etc).  I have never seen, read, or observed personally
any "option to remove" feature associated with the boot record.  All in all,
I'd say those rumors were all pretty much false.

Re: I've never had the misfortune of seeing OS/2 in operation...

Great to see such an open attitude to new ideas, products, etc...."I hate it,
especially since I've never used it and know nothing about it!"