Maynstream tape under AIX on PS/2-80's?

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Mon Oct 16 13:05:30 AEST 1989

In article <364 at cs.columbia.edu> ji at cs.columbia.edu (John Ioannidis) writes:
>Me again!
>
>I have two exabytes packaged by a company called "Maynard" something or
>other. DOes anyone have any experience with them?
>
>The AIX kernel won't see it (/dev/mt0 complains `no such device or
>address') The only software they sent us runs under DOS, and I
>couldn't even get it to run under DOSMERGE.

Maynard makes a drive they call the Maynstream.  A local company (Casselberry,
FLA - deep in the heart of Silicon Swamp).  All drives are shipped with DOS
software and the other drivers can be had by calling them.  (Maynard was just
recently purchased by Archive.)

Tech support phone number is  (407) - 263-3500.

I'm posting because the mail out of here get's lost much of the time.

Hope this helps.  Maynard has been very responsive any time I have called.

bill
--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!tarpit!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP