Changing IODNs on a SCSI

Oleg Kiselev oleg at gryphon.COM
Mon Oct 2 14:19:35 AEST 1989

In article <17087 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>I just inherited a 9332/440 SCSI disk for my RT.  Lo and behold,
>the IODN numbers for the minidisks on it conflict with the IODNs
>on my internal drives.

Well, isn't that a bummer?  Aren't we all tickled pink by the idea of IODNs
to begin with?  What kind of cretinous mind would conceive of such a parody
of real UNIX?  And to think that some misguided, simpleminded idiots were
trying to preserve that abortion of an idea in PS/2 AIX!  At least I made
sure that there was not a single mention of the very *word* IODN anywhere in
370 code.  Disgusting.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg at seas.ucla.edu, oleg at gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg