comp.unix.aix

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Sat Oct 28 08:25:32 AEST 1989

In article <335 at ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>In article <13297 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> fink at nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Paul fink) writes:
[ account of wanted the group moderated for BITNET's convenience deleted ]

>Well, I think it's not such a great idea because support for
>moderated groups is pretty shoddy still with the news software.
>Posting articles becomes a crap game.  Frankly, I like the
>immediacy and reliability of the give-and-take of what the AIX
>newsgroup has had so far as an unmoderated group.  There must be
>ways to merge AIX-L with comp.unix.aix without inconveniencing us.

Here, here!! I agree completely with Steve on this matter. I would never
have wanted the group were it moderated. It is completely inaccurate to
say that this change would have no effect on the group. If someone wants
the content of the group to go off onto BITNET, let someone take on the
job of creating digests of the content and then sending that on. I do
not know exactly how this works, but since wizards and other groups end
up as digests without being moderated I am sure it can be done.

Moderation? Just say NO!

Sorry I couldn't resist :-}!

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu