Changing IODNs on a SCSI

Nicholas J. Simicich njs at scifi.UUCP
Thu Oct 5 12:55:35 AEST 1989

In article <458 at siswat.UUCP> buck at siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck) writes:
>In article <17087 at rpp386.cactus.org>, jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:

 [Question about IODNs, and resolving conflicts]

>(This is no reflection on John's skill, only a comment on the
>atrocious lack of support for AIX within and without IBM.)

>John Haugh is a contractor working on AIX internels in Austin,
>surrounded by several thousand experts on AIX, and he will
>probably get his answer much faster by asking Usenet.

Garbage.  There is an internal IBM conference on Unix, called IBMUNIX,
where I'm sure that this question has been asked and answered many
times.  I recall answering it a few times myself.  His fastest path to
an answer would have been to search (grep from his workstation if he
has VM NFS installed at his site) through the archives for an answer.
I know for a fact that there is at least one copy of the archives in
Austin.

John's even posted to the internal conference a few times.  He just
prefers to ask here, I suppose.

--
Nick Simicich --- uunet!bywater!scifi!njs --- njs at ibm.com (Internet)