Changing IODNs on a SCSI

Jason Levitt jason at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 3 08:34:16 AEST 1989

In article <17087 at rpp386.cactus.org> John F. Haugh II writes:
>I just inherited a 9332/440 SCSI disk for my RT.  Lo and behold,
>the IODN numbers for the minidisks on it conflict with the IODNs
>on my internal drives. [stuff deleted]
>I have tried reading a few of the manuals but can't find the one
>that says how to change IODNs on disks.  [stuff deleted]
>$1,000,000 USENET BUCKS to the first person to find out where
>this stuff is documented ...

I believe the reference is "Managing the AIX Operating System",
second edition (September 1988). Starting on page 4-39, it says,
"You can use the varyon command to configure an IBM 9332....The
only thing varyon ever changes on a module is the names or IODNs
of its minidisks." And then it goes on in more detail....

I'd like my $0xF4240 USENET BUCKS compressed and uucp'ed to the
address below, please. :-)

    -j
-----
Jason Levitt    P.O. Box 49860  Austin, Texas 78765  (512) 459-0055
Internet: jason at cs.utexas.edu         | "The most effective debugging tool is
UUCP    : cs.utexas.edu!hackbox!jason |  still careful thought, coupled with
BIX     : jlevitt                     |  judiciously placed print statements."