comp.unix.aix

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Thu Oct 26 01:54:37 AEST 1989

In article <13297 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> fink at nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Paul fink) writes:

>When this group was founded. It was to be linked with the Bitnet AIX-L
>mailing list. Unfortunately, I blew it and the group was formed
>unmoderated. To be linked with the AIX-L mailing list the group must
>be moderated so that all postings will go though the mail list.
>Can we do this with out a vote?

Well, I think it's not such a great idea because support for
moderated groups is pretty shoddy still with the news software.
Posting articles becomes a crap game.  Frankly, I like the
immediacy and reliability of the give-and-take of what the AIX
newsgroup has had so far as an unmoderated group.  There must be
ways to merge AIX-L with comp.unix.aix without inconveniencing us.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu