installing WHIP

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Sat Oct 28 03:41:27 AEST 1989

Using AIX for PS/2 V1.1 I installed WHIP once. /usr/lib/whip/terminfo
was missing some files, so I must have screwed-up somewhere.
I decided to re-install WHIP, to see what went wrong (since I could
not manage to de-install WHIP, despite what SHOULD be on the install disk).

When I reinstalled WHIP (after telling it "Yes, go ahead and install on
top of the existing verion") the install died with a core dump in the
install script (soon after copying the files off the diskettes).
The sequence of events is...

	Segmentation violation
	Directory or files missing
	Segmentation violation
	WHIP Installed Successfully

(Funny, I don't think this is "success." :-(  )

I would prefer NOT to have to re-install the whole d**n AIX from scratch
ANOTHER time (is this 10?).

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347