Multiport card on PS/2-AIX

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Fri Oct 27 23:09:29 AEST 1989

slavin at acf4.NYU.EDU (Scott Slavin) writes:

>I have a PS/2 model 80 running AIX 1.1 on my desk, and I just
>installed an ARTIC Multiport/2 card in it.
>Does anybody know how to bring up a Multiport card up on
>AIX?

When I installed a Dickens Data multiport card, it modified stanzas in
some of my configuration files.  It also installed a new devices command,
PLUS a driver.  As shipped, AIX appears to support serial I/O over
COM1 and COM2 only.  Assuming that your multiport board adds more that just
these, you will need to contact ARTIC for similar mods to AIX.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin