Tape Drive Parms

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Mon Oct 2 01:55:45 AEST 1989

In article <1140 at msa3b.UUCP> kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:

>(This sort of thing leads me to believe that IBM needs some sort of Q.A.
>testing on the AIX doc.

There is a certain amount of Q.A. on documentation, mainly in the form of
developers receiving and reviewing it, but since that is hardly our job
description and because there is such an immense amount of it, some things
slip through the cracks. If you feel there is a real error in documentation
whether by giving erroneous information or by omission you can call IBM
level 1 support and report it.

>As an aside, are these drives writing QIC format?  SHould I be able
>to move tapes between my AIX system and my 3B2?

The answer to this is yes, it is standard QIC, I have written tapes on a
PS/2 running AIX and read them just fine on turnkey, which is an AT-bus
clone running 386/ix.

Disclaimer: IMHO only.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu