keybindings under PS-2/AIX-1.0 ^C/shift anyone ??

Oleg Kiselev oleg at gryphon.COM
Sun Sep 24 20:43:09 AEST 1989

In article <3914 at yunexus.UUCP> oz at yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
>For my DEC-trained hands, the shiftlock & control key positions on the PS2
>keyboard are awful, and I am suffering.

So is everyone else.

>Does anyone know of a way to remap this keyboard under PS2 running AIX ?

By changing the keyboard scan code mapping in the kernel.  Swapping the "ESC"
and "`/~" keys is also very helpful.

If the system you have contains "ldminit" program, you are half-way there.
adb can also be helpful.  Perhaps I should write a quick patching hack to
do this key-swap thing...  Jack?  Want to do it?
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg at seas.ucla.edu, oleg at gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg