keybindings under PS-2/AIX-1.0 ^C/shift anyone ??

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Mon Sep 25 03:51:54 AEST 1989

In article <20188 at gryphon.COM> oleg at gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
>In article <3914 at yunexus.UUCP> oz at yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
>>For my DEC-trained hands, the shiftlock & control key positions on the PS2
>>keyboard are awful, and I am suffering.

>If the system you have contains "ldminit" program, you are half-way there.
>adb can also be helpful.  Perhaps I should write a quick patching hack to
>do this key-swap thing...  Jack?  Want to do it?

Sorry Oleg, I won't bite. Besides as a previous poster pointed out ( I
wondered where he learned this since I am not aware of it being documented)
you can remap just those two keys using the console MDMODE. See that
posting on how to do it. Furthermore, I don't know if AIX PS/2 1.x has
ldminit and even if it did, it can only alter the data segment of the
kernel, and I don't believe your mappings live there. Finally, adb is
not part of the product, dbx is the supported debugger. Oh Well.

Disclaimer: IMHO

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu