keybindings under PS-2/AIX-1.0 ^C/shift anyone ??

Oleg Kiselev oleg at gryphon.COM
Mon Sep 25 07:26:06 AEST 1989

In article <6372 at turnkey.gryphon.COM> jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM writes:
>Sorry Oleg, I won't bite. Besides as a previous poster pointed out ( I
>wondered where he learned this since I am not aware of it being documented)
>you can remap just those two keys using the console MDMODE.

I was under impression that the console/kernel debugger was not shipped in the
General Availability product.  I may be wrong.

>Furthermore, I don't know if AIX PS/2 1.x has
>ldminit and even if it did, it can only alter the data segment of the
>kernel, and I don't believe your mappings live there.

Well, maint invokes ldminit, so it must be somewhere there.  Unless 386 maint
has gotten changed to use "newkernel" only -- I have been trying to stay away
from installation as far as I can,

I am reasonably sure that the key mappings are in the data section.  Take a
look at os.config on izar or electra, for instance.

>Finally, adb is not part of the product, dbx is the supported debugger.

In Gen2 as well?!?!

A stroke of executive genius, to be sure.  I assume, though, physpatch is
available?  If not, someone out there can make some money writing a binary
symbolic editor for AIX.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies"   Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg at seas.ucla.edu, oleg at gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP: [world]!{ucla-se|gryphon}!lcc!oleg