What about PClones? Was: Re: AIX on PC

Bruce Walker bmw at isgtec.UUCP
Tue Sep 26 03:57:56 AEST 1989

>>In article <61434 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> wilson m liaw <macgyver at cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>>>	Is AIX available for PC?
>>	Yes, IBM has a version of AIX for the PS/2.
>This needs to qualified slightly: only the 386-based PS/2's support
>AIX.  At this time, this means the Models 70 and 80.

Must it be a PS/2?  IE, what about a Compaq or "FredTron" 386 etc.?

I would suspect that anything that claims to be OS/2-compatible would
have the wherewithall to run AIX.  Anyone know fer sher?
--
Bruce Walker                          ...uunet!mnetor!lsuc!isgtec!bmw
"Better Living Through Connectivity"         ...utzoo!lsuc!isgtec!bmw