AIX on PC

eclarke at ironside.uucp eclarke at ironside.uucp
Sun Sep 24 05:14:26 AEST 1989

>>>	Is AIX available for PC?
>>>
>>	Yes, IBM has a version of AIX for the PS/2.
>
>This needs to qualified slightly: only the 386-based PS/2's support
>AIX.  At this time, this means the Models 70 and 80.  In order to
>obtain reasonable performance, I would recommend at least a 20mhz
>processor.
>
>And get a *fast* disk!  AIX generates *lots* of disk activity.

I suspect that Don has a limited amount of RAM.  Expanding your RAM by several
Mega Bytes will reduce your disk access significantly.  The money spent on
RAM is better spent than buying a faster Harddisk.

The above oppinion is mine and in no way represents an official opinion of
IBM or IBM AWD Development.

Eric S. Clarke                                   UUCP: uunet!ibmsupt!eclarke
1510 Page Mill Road                              COM:  415-855-4458
Palo Alto, CA 94304                              TIE:  465-4458