NFS over serial link

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Sep 27 13:01:44 AEST 1989

I'm presently attending an IBM class on TCP/IP.  Their workbook says
AIX NFS is only supported over Token-Ring and Ethernet.
The instructor says he knows of no reason why it should not work with
a serial link.  Who is right?  Is there anyone out there who has USED
AIX NFS over a serial line?  If it won't work, why not?

(Yes, I know it will be slow, but I really plan to use it for file
downloading.  I have another machine that is my primary machine, where
I will be able to use Token-Ring, and I want my machines to have a
consistent interface to the data.)

Also, there are about 25 IBMers in this class.  They run about 2 sessions
a month.  They may not have a solid base of experience in TCP/IP (which is
a pain) but they seem to have a commitment training their staff in it.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin