LU6.2 conversation in a single AIX machine

Johann Schweigl johnny at edvvie.at
Tue Sep 26 16:38:53 AEST 1989

Environment: AIX 2.2.1, SNA Services
Is it possible to set up a LU6.2 conversation between two transaction programs
on the SAME AIX machine? After juggling around with the SNA profiles quite a
while, we haven't found a solution.
The problem is that the remote node for the remote transaction program list
has to be != the local node.
Somebody told us it should be possible, but not how. He also told us that this
kind of setup does not make sense. Of course, it does. The program I write
should connect to two server programs, one under AIX and one in CICS. Why
should I build two interfaces, one for sockets and one for APPC?
If anybody has a working set of profiles, or knows how to do it,
then PLEASE HELP !

Thanx,
       EDV Ges.m.b.H Vienna              Johann Schweigl
       Hofmuehlgasse 3 - 5               USENET: johnny at edvvie.at
       A-1060 Vienna, Austria      Tel: (0043) (222) 59907 257 (8-19 CET)