3Com 523 Ethernet Card with AIX???

Shah of Iran shahryar at eris.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 8 07:58:03 AEST 1990

Hello all,

I work at San Francisco State University's Academic Computing.  We have just
bought a new PS/2 80 with an internal 315MB HD.  We also have a 3Com 523
[Etherlink/MC] card inside this machine.  After we installed AIX 1.1 and
the TCPIP software with it, AIX came back and told us that it could not
recognize/access the 3Com 523 card.

After calling IBM, I found out that AIX "currently" {rumor has it might be
different with 1.2} can work ONLY with the Ungermann-Bass Etherlink/MC card.

Since we do not wish to return the 3Com 523 card and we would like to hook up
our AIX to the Internet, we would like to find out if there is a driver that
is currently made by someone which we could place into our machine in order
to access the 523 card.

If you have any information regarding this matter, please send e-mail to
<shahryar at sutro.sfsu.edu> or <shahryar at eris.berkeley.edu>.

I thank you very much.

Shahryar G. Hashemi
Micro-Computer Coordinato--Academic Computing--San Francisco State University