What happened to my sulog?

James Nau james at engrss2.unl.edu
Fri Aug 31 07:50:07 AEST 1990

I was just going to look at my sulog to see what the failed entries looked
like (I'd just typed the wrong password), and I didn't find it.  I
looked in /usr/adm, where it is on my RT, and it's not there.  Then I did
a find / -name sulog -print, and nothing came up.  I looked in
/etc/security, and no sulog.  So, what happened to sulog?  The only thing
info told me about sulog was that the BNU made frequent entries to
/usr/spool/sulog (I looked there too, nothing).

Any Ideas?

Thanks

P.S.  In reference to my recent Motif question, the biggest suggestion was
that NUM LOCK was the culprit.  May be.  I'll have to remember if it ever
happens again.

James Nau
james at engrs.unl.edu