rdist between AIX370 v1.2 and RT AIX 2.2.1

Hugo Calendar hugo at spica.ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 31 18:17:48 AEST 1990

I'm trying to get rdist to work between AIX v1.2 running on
and IBM370, and an IBM RT running AIX 2.2.1.  When I do rdist
from the 370 to the RT, I get a message as follows:

	rdist: connection failed: version numbers don't match

However, rdist works between the 370 and an RS6000 running AIX 3.1
and two IBM RTs running AOS.  Therefore I assume the proble is
with the rdist running on the RT with AIX 2.2.1.

Has anybody had this problem before, and what did they do to fix
it?  I tried compiling the BSD rdist from uunet, but the compiler
gagged on it.  Any help fixing this is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Hugo

Hugo Calendar  ...!ucbvax!ucscc!spica!hugo   CompEng/Math Undergraduate
215 Weeks Avenue       hugo at spica.ucsc.edu   IBM RT AIX/Mach SysAdmin
Santa Cruz, CA 95060     hugo at ucscd.bitnet   Mac II ThinkC programmer
USA   (408) 425-5479