Report bugs to IBM

Christian Motz root at dialog.stgt.sub.org
Fri Aug 24 08:40:42 AEST 1990

It has been brought to my attention  that  my  previous  article  with
regard   to   the   subject   (2427 at dialog.stgt.sub.org)   might    be
misinterpreted by some people as a  personal  attack  on  the  support
people of IBM Germany. Actually, this was  not  my  intention  when  I
wrote the article. As a matter of fact,  it  is  directed  at  a  much
higher level than that -- management.
   After all, the procedures used for reporting bugs and getting  them
fixed are not made up by the people who actually provide  the  service
to you. They do have to adhere to the procedures devised by management
-- unfortunately. I have been assured that IBM is  trying  to  improve
its service and, with regard to the relatively short time that IBM has
been involved with UN*X, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.  I
would also at  this  point  like  to  thank  Mr.  Spielmann  from  IBM
Germany's support crew for pointing out to me that my original article
could be easily misunderstood.

Christian Motz                                root at dialog.stgt.sub.org