Report bugs to IBM

dcm dcm at toysrus.uucp
Tue Aug 21 00:22:54 AEST 1990

In article <6136 at hub.ucsb.edu> 3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Applied Magnetics) writes:
>In article <3197 at awdprime.UUCP> jeffe at sandino.austin.ibm.com (Peter Jeffe 512.823.4091) writes:
>
>>  [ Report your bugs to IBM, they'll get fixed. ]
>
>OK, I'll report them through channels...  but the many layers of
>bureaucracy within IBM can oppose stupendous inertial forces.  The
>parallel path through Usenet is irreplaceable.
>
>Lest this be perceived as a flame, here is the talisman:  >>  :-)   <<
>Whatever happens at IBM Austin, STAY ON THE NET!  We need you.
>
>Disclaimer: the usual...
>--P. Asselin, R&D, Applied Magnetics

	Whatever you do, don't rely on Usenet postings to get bugs fixed!

	If customers go through the normal channels, bugs are guaranteed to
	be fixed ASAP.  Customer-reported bugs are the #1 priority right now.
	Internally reported bugs are #2 (depending, of course, on the bug).

		Craig
--------
	Craig Miller, contractor @ IBM AWD, Austin  (I don't speak for IBM)
	UUCP: ..!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!toysrus.austin.ibm.com!dcm

	"Just because it works doesn't means it's right, stupid!"
	"You should never install code you do not understand."
	"If you knowningly install broken code, you should be shot.  Period."
	"Programmers have to be accountable for their code."