How to force booting from a floppy on RT after changing NVRAM?

Dan & ehrlich at cs.psu.edu
Sat Aug 11 00:58:01 AEST 1990

In article <8207 at ncar.ucar.edu> karl at tobago.cgd.ucar.edu (Karl Sierka) writes:

Karl> I stupidly changed the NVRAM in my RT to boot from who-knows-what. How do
Karl> 	I get the thing to boot from the diags diskette in the floppy
Karl> 	drive? Upon power up, or <CTL><ALT><PAUSE>, some numbers flash on
Karl> 	the LED, then it beeps and hangs with the LED readout saying 29.
Karl> 	Any clues? Please email and I will summarize.

How about unplugging the battery back up and waiting an hour or so.  Then
rerun the maintenance diskette to initialize the NVRAM.

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at cs.psu.edu>/Voice: +1 814 863 1142/FAX: +1 814 865 3176