3Com support on PS/2 AIX 1.2

Stephen Ayers sda at edc.UUCP
Wed Aug 15 18:55:22 AEST 1990

  In article <15311 at oolong.la.locus.com> dlt at lando.la.locus.com (Dan Taylor) writes:
  >>I've been trying for days to get AIX to talk to our 3Com card. It worked
  >>under AIX 1.1 with a special driver recieved from IBM but not under 1.2.
  >>Stephen Ayers
  >>Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company
  >
  >Get the latest update from IBM.  Should work O.K.
  >
  >* Dan Taylor    * The opinions expressed are my own, and in no way *
  >* dlt at locus.com * reflect those of Locus Computing Corporation.    *

I just recieved the latest and greatest updates from IBM.  19 floppies most
of which have to be inserted 3 or 4 times.  After all that ifconfig still
responds with "no such interface"

Does anyone out there have 3Com cards working under AIX 1.2???

Thanks again

--
Stephen Ayers
Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company
sda at epps.kodak.com | {sun,uunet,kodak}!atexnet!sda  | ..!uknet!edc!sda
+44 506 41 6778