3Com support on PS/2 AIX 1.2

Stephen Ayers sda at edc.UUCP
Thu Aug 9 02:56:05 AEST 1990

Help!!

I've been trying for days to get AIX to talk to our 3Com card. It worked
under AIX 1.1 with a special driver recieved from IBM but not under 1.2.
I followed the procedure in /usr/nifl/3com. Which simply tells you to do
a make install.  The make runs without errors but ifconfig/netconfig still
reports "No such interface".  I noticed that make install does not actually
install the new kernel so I did a newkernel -install. Strangely the size of
the kernel in <LOCAL>/ hasn't changed.

Has anyone else gotten this to work?

Thanks in advance!
--
Stephen Ayers
Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company