AIX 3.1 C compiler needs a tty ?

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Tue Aug 21 21:31:51 AEST 1990

During a port of one of our applications to a model 320,
I discovered a strange bug. I had this really large make job
which I wanted to do overnight.

So I typed
	nohup make > make.out 2>&1 &
and logged out, switched the terminal off and went home.

When I returned to the porting center, I found out that
after actually logging off, all cc invocations exited
with status code 9 (killed), without any error messages
other than the ones "make" reported.

What gives? cc bug? OS bug? Or did I goof ?
Pim Zandbergen                            domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                           uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70             phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands        fax    : +31 70 3512837